Thursday, August 25, 2016

Recipe share: Hellmann's black bean quinoa burgers


Thursday's vegetarian meal; trying something new!

http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/detail/50662/1/black-bean-quinoa-burgers

I'll skip the additional mayo topping, salt and cilantro (we can't eat it as it tastes like soap to us) and serve the pan grilled burgers on toasted buns, with choice of lettuce/tomato/red onion/condiments. Side will be leftover potato salad.

Here's what the patties looked like, when formed:
The white color was a bit off putting.

Now cooked:
Better color, the cheese helped.

Final review: not bad, glad I added extra black pepper, no salt garlic-onion seasoning. I found the outside to be pleasantly crispy, due to the oil in the mayo and the cheese, but they didn't hold together 100%. Next time, I'll skip the mayo and substitute an egg or 2, my usual method.

1 comment:

Busy Bee said...

Cool. I've never tried these. I have some no egg mayo that I may try substituting.