Wednesday, August 17, 2016

On-line ordering of RX Pet foods




Someone mentioned looking into Chewy.com for my RX prescription foods for my cats. I checked and their prices, almost to the penny, are what my Vet has been charging me. Fine. I decided to go ahead and order through them, taking advantage of their free shipping (Vet is some distance away, easily a 20 minute drive) as well as a promo for 20% off if I set up automatic refill of the order for once/month. I can modify/cancel at any time. 

Next step is that they will contact my Vet to confirm that they are on this RX diet, and will quickly ship out to me, no shipping charges or tax involved. 

Nice. 

Anyone else have experience with this company?

6 comments:

janie said...

Hi Carol,

It was me (Janie) that mentioned chewy.com. I have received two orders through their auto ship and so far so good. They ship very quickly.

If you sign up for auto ship you get 5% discount.

Good luck and hope you are as pleased as I am with the company.

Janie :)

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Who knew there were so many kinds of special diets for dogs and cats? Our cat is on one, and the vet is charging us just about what it is online.

CTMOM said...

With mail order, this will be a convenience for me, shipped for free to my door step! Yes, RX cat food is $$$ but cheaper than yet another urinary blockage (my male cat). Like humans, our pets, imo, need to eat well.

Patti said...

I love Chewy.com..I would do it if the vet was 10 minutes away just to not have to make yet another stop somewhere, wait in line, load and unload in my car....

Kathy said...

I have been thinking about ordering from chewy since they sent me $15 off coupon. my male cat eats royal canin urinary so to prevent bladder stones, and chewy has it for about the same as vets.

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I have had male cats with urinary stones, so I understand the importance of getting them on the prescription diet. Our current cat is female, 15 years old, and hyperthyroid. We tried medication but it completely messed up her blood chemistry. First time she wouldn't eat the prescription food for long. Now we get her the dry food as well as the canned, and the combination seems to satisfy her better. We've done 2 trials with medication and this is our 2nd try with the diet. The only other alternative is a couple weeks in Cornell Animal Hospital and radiation therapy---she moans every minute in the car and it's a 2-3 hour drive, without even having an estimate of the cost of such treatment. We don't think that is a wise alternative for such an old pet. She would be miserable the whole time as well--she's quite timid and doesn't like change. She hides under the couch if someone unfamiliar comes to visit.