Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Monday's dinner menu scratched: C.O.R.N required!

A house guest for 5 days, 2 extra dinner guests on Sunday had translated in too much food in the fridge. No sense cooking last night, so I focused on leftovers instead:

 the 2 extra ears of COTC were apparently not necessary to buy on Sunday, no worries with 3 for dinner, I just cut them in 1/2 before microwaving them.
 Leftover quinoa-rice-pea pilaf was layered as a bed under l/o, roasted chicken drums before reheating in a covered casserole in the microwave
My dinner plate. One portion left, which is my lunch today, DD decided against dinner last night

6 comments:

meme said...

Dinner looks good! Had a clean out dinner last night and for today's lunch as well. I hope DD didn't have to skip dinner due to her stomach issues...

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Looks mighty good for leftovers! Wish my husband wasn't so anti-dark meat, as I really prefer it and it goes on sale more often. We are having a roast chicken tonight---I can sneak dark meat in with white for something like chicken and biscuits, which is in the running for TOMORROW night. If I make thighs or drumsticks only, he is not at all happy. I do believe I have spoiled him too much.

CTMOM said...

Marcia-yes, these were sale priced-89/lb? Some recipe like caciatorre, I must make with bone in, legs preferred. i also have some 49/lb chicken leg quarters in the freezer-screaming sale price!

Ms. Sandie said...

I have meant to ask, what does C.O.R.N. stand for? And I am defrosting .89 drumsticks too!

CTMOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CTMOM said...

Clean out right now