Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Crock pot Tuesday: making marinara

Tuesday's Crock pot will be making a quick marinara, adding some fzn, leftover sauce to the pot in the process. I will also be making "cheater's chicken Parmesan" using ubber cheap, Perdue whole grain breaded chicken cutlets (now frozen), that I bought on sale (BOGO) plus a large, doubled coupon. I also have some leftover, loss leader, shredded Mozzarella in the fridge, which really is the inspiration for this change in menu plans today (originally was to be spaghetti and meatballs).

Steamed Summer squash will accompany, along with some leftover, garlic bread.


4 comments:

meme said...

Looks Good ! Making a chicken pie tonight, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots. My husband had day surgery this morning - they removed his cancerous tonsils - he is very sore this afternoon, but has paid meds. They are not going to remove his lymph node - instead they are going to try to shrink it with chemo and radiation....

we see the oncologists in two weeks.

Rachel said...

Yum! Sounds good to me. Tonight is tacos at our house.

Busy Bee said...

I love marinara sauce. I had tofu over veggies and bean sprouts. Nothing super exciting, but it was just me at home....so easy was the key. Everything I added in was made up of bits of leftovers in the fridge except for one onion.

Linda said...

That looks delicious. I forgot to get squash at the market today. I remembered when I saw yours.