Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Buying them while I can

Image: http://image.rakuten.co.jp/icefield/cabinet/sorel/nl2089-010-1.jpg

I have always preferred Sorel brand boots. My old pair is a bit tight and are very old, especially considering that I acquired them second hand. Since last Winter, I have been looking for a pair. Unfortunately, my size runs out FAST. I have been watching various websites, and already Dick's sporting goods is sold out. I did a search under Sorel and was about to click "submit" to an on line order directly with Sorel, when I decided to first do a search for other supplies.

I ended up canceling my first order (never completed, just cleared the "sale bag") and ordered them through Zappos, which didn't charge the $6 shipping cost that Sorel does. Still, a pricey investment and I really would have preferred to try them on first, especially as the site indicates that these run a bit small, so I went up a 1/2 size, as suggested.

Hopefully these are a good fit, if not, I can easily exchange or return them. I also am very early on in trying to replace my boots, so if needed, a larger size hopefully wouldn't be impossible to find.

8 comments:

mikemax said...

I have been wearing the same Sorels for almost 19 years and there is still a lot of life in them! I'm sure you know the ones I have--they look like LL Bean's Maine Hunting Shoes on steroids! With "fur" around the top.

Linda said...

Cute boots! I think I would die in boots like those. Sandals work fine for most of the year here. My feet get hot when closed up, even in shoes. However, those boots are pretty and snuggly looking. There are a few days when I wish for someone that warm.

If I ever wait to buy a shoe I see in my size, it is gone forever.

CTMOM said...

Max, mine are at least as old as yours! Last time they were worn, they hurt my feet (enter bunions and arthritis of the big toes). Time to replace. LLB duck shoes have been all the rage around here with teens, couldn't find them/order them, people paying tons of money when they did.

CTMOM said...

Linda, I am in a snow belt. Also, Farmer's almanac is predicting a very cold, snowy Winter. Add in that I sometimes use public buses, yes, I need boots.

Belinda said...

Zappos is great. Free shipping back to them if the shoes don't fit, so you can order the next size up. Customer service at it's best.

CTMOM said...

Belinda, thanks for the endorsement, this is my first time using them, DD also gave them the thumbs up.

Linda said...

LOL... I figured you had some seriously cold weather. If bunions are the problem with the tight or uncomfortable fit, take your boots to someone who can stretch them in just the right places or do it yourself. Put alcohol on the shoes in the tight spots and wear them to loosen them. Okay, maybe those aren't leather. That works on leather shoes. Are the outside, at least, leather?

CTMOM said...

My former boots (donated to charity) were short in length, and became tight with my issues. The outside/top was an insulated nylon-think of a down puffy coat but as boots. My new ones are sueded leather. They have already shipped from KY, anticipated to arrive by Mon, should I feel I need to return/exchange them.