Friday, July 1, 2016

Thursday: more cooking from the freezer

 I always start my cooking by setting up a mise en place. Getting the ingredients out and possible discovering a shortage is key. Thursday's supper got several items out of the freezer aka frozen assets: 2 bags cooked leftover turkey (one proved to be sufficient), assorted tubs of turkey gravy, an unlabled tub with a tad of ham stock (returned to freezer), leftover sauce from turkey roulades (based with a can of cream of chicken soup), linguini, 1/2 of an open onion, 2 Summer squash that needed to go, a large crash n burn can of mushrooms.1/2 and 1/2, Parmesan, nutmeg, black pepper, reserved bacon fat completed the list.
Turkey tettrazini, steamed squash. Made for a nice change and offers us lunch today. Still transitioning to cooking for just 3, but I am getting better at it.

1 comment:

Anne in the kitchen said...

The meal looks great. I love pulling something together from bits and pieces of things I have frozen