Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday cooking

 This Sunday's "nice breakfast":  butcher shop bacon, fried eggs over toast, OJ, Hazelnut coffee. Lunch will be hotdogs from the butcher, leftover baked beans.



Up early and got a ground chicken (recent mark down, I normally use turkey but we're out and I didn't want to make an all beef meatloaf)-ground beef meat loaf "baking" in my oval Crock pot, originally acquired BNIB off of a local Freecycle site. Awesome. Sides will be baked potatoes, tossed salad with choice of dressing, steamed beets (saving the tops for another meal).




 I have just a few more of the bonus slices of Deli turkey breast left, about 14 hard boiled eggs for sandwich fillings, going into the new week. While PB & J, tuna as well as grilled cheese are options, adding meatloaf sandwiches is a welcomed addition to the lunch menu.

1 comment:

meme said...

Your breakfast looks awesome! I am cooking a roast today - actually it went in the oven about five this morning before it got too hot - cooked, cooled, sliced and put away for dinner tonight along with mashed potatoes, some sort of veg.

I also do that with rags I make that are for one use only (usually ends up being used with an "accident" related to daycare!)