Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Lunches at home

 Plans changed  over the fireworks weekend, which meant that I over bought. Franks for the grill became lunch food. I pan tried the franks in reserved bacon fat and towards the end, I toasted the New England rolls directly in the residual fat vs buttering the sides first. Came out so good! (reminded me of this British series I recently watched:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfPof73YF94) Assorted condiments offered, including extra ketchup and mustard packets from take out.
 2 small tubs of leftover, baked beans were combined, leaving just enough to stretch through this meal.
Ham and cheese sandwiches with macaroni salad was yesterday's offering. Really enjoying the fresh, Farmer's market lettuce I bought on Saturday.

4 comments:

Belinda said...

I have done our hot dogs and buns in a similar fashion, called butter dogs, they are really good. :)

Anne in the kitchen said...

I have never thought of doing hot dogs like that but it sounds delicious!

Ellie said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the British t.v. show. I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of the shows like 1900s house that were on PBS several years ago.

My goodness, we are truly rich in food choices now! We also have so much more leisure time vs. how much time women had to spend running their homes years ago.

Arlene from NJ said...

I want to thank you for sharing that British tv show about the rationing in Britain which was way worse than here in the US I think. 5 ounces of meat for a week? I can't get over that! How could that be? OMG That was awful. British people surely are strong and seem to "be calm and carry on", don't they? It's something that young kids should watch today. They wouldn't believe it.