Thursday, June 23, 2016

A new resource for hard to find item

I discovered this dish soap several years ago. Coming in 50 oz bottles, it quickly replaced my beloved Palmolive, which was getting harder and harder to buy @ $2/28 oz bottle. I use  approx 1 bottle of the LA's awesome dish soap/month. I recently have had trouble finding it at Dollar Tree. It was no longer being shipped to the stores, apparently, and the manager at the DT just minutes from my new home was unable to advise as to if/when/whether they would ever get more in.  I googled it, and found a link to Dollar Tree on line, which allowed me to order a 9 count case @ $1/bottle plus tax. No shipping charges as I have ordered it for in store pick up. I have used and liked several scents of this dish soap: lavender, grapefruit, a "paradise" citrus one. So lemon it will be for about 9 months. Great; keeping my budget in check.

7 comments:

Dave said...

Nice. I have never thought of online shopping at Dollar Tree. Thanks for the heads up.

meme said...

that is great you could order it online and pick up at store. One dollar is my "go to" price for dish soap too.

Lili said...

Carol, this is how I bought baking soda a year ago, through Dollar Tree's online site. I got the baking soda at the 59 cents/box price, online, whereas my local store had increased the price to 79 cents/box. I had to buy a case (24 boxes), but baking soda keeps indefinitely, so not a problem to have that much on hand. (And I use it for cleaning, so go through more than just with baking.) Anyways, I just checked and the Dollar Tree site still has the baking soda at 59 cents/box, and my local store still has it priced at 79 cents.
I use that exact same dish detergent! The fragrance is light. And a 9-bottle case isn't too bad to have to store.
Good work!

CTMOM said...

Lili, I may go back on line and order a case of dishwasher powder, the Sun brand that I know you also use. It can sometimes be hard to find at Dollar Tree.

Lili said...

Carol,
I bought about 6 boxes of Sun a couple of months ago. They often run out of it at our store, too, and won't get it back in for weeks/months at a time. So I buy it whenever I see it. I'll do as you, and order online if I get down to 2 boxes and I haven't seen it in a while. That is definitely one product that they run out of frequently.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I have not given up on my beloved Palmolive yet, fortunately Publix has Bogo deals about every 6 weeks and with coupons I come out to about a buck a bottle, There are a few Dollar Tree items I need to look into buying like that though.

Belinda said...

I love the ship to store option for free shipping. My daughter utilized it during Christmas time to find some hard to order things and then had them delivered to the local store.