Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's been cooking?



After stopping at IGA on the way home from work on Monday, I made this: ham slices from the freezer, my last can of beets, the last 2 boxes of augratin potatoe mix, the butter and sugar corn I bought at IGA.

 Tuesday was supposed to be baked ziti with cheese, but I modified the plan, grabbing this box of rotini, originally bought for last Summer's surgical recovery.
 I also used 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage along with a lone meatball in sauce, and the rest of some meatloaf, that I cubed into "square meatballs."
I baked this off, as I would have a pkg of ziti, using the remaining 1/2 of a block of Mozzarella and the small, Tablespoon size chunk of Parmesan that I freshly grated. Side was the remaining 1/2 lb bg of frozen green beans, cooked with some butter and Aldi's version of a garlic/herb "Mrs Dash". I have set aside a cup of the sauce I made (intentionally using a slotted spoon as I did) so that I have "pizza sauce" on hand for this Fri.

No comments: