Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pasta on Wednesday

 Only dinner for 2, and we both wanted a hot meal, due to this week of raw, rainy weather I decided to use up the rest of the Farfalle, and  make a quick sauce with 1 1/2 fzn hot Italian sausage links, some frozen onions/peppers, the last can of mushrooms, a jar of my tomatoes, a can of tomato puree, spices. I served Parmesan as well to top the completed pasta dish. Garlic toast and Fr green beans accompanied.

I have a container for my work lunch tomorrow, extra sauce to use Fri, I think on a pizza.


1 comment:

Belinda said...

Using only 1 & 1/2 links is such a good money stretcher. Our local Save a Lot has it on sale this week 2 pounds for $5. We eat so much meatless spaghetti that 1 and a half links would seem like a lot to us. I don't know what kind of Parmesan you use, the real deal or type in the can, but Kraft is on sale here this week. (Maybe in CT too?) There are coupons on Coupons.com for it as well, so should work out to be a deal for us.