Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Monday: Quiche

 Monday's inspiration: frozen, cooked ham, fzn Swiss deli ends
 I sauteed the ham that I chopped, with some remaining onion out of the produce drawer
 Naturally, I used reserved ham fat to do so, saving my cooking oils and butter
 the baby spinach/kale/chard was removed from the leftover salad from Sun
 and the second tub of the same mixture of greens was taken out of the fridge as it was nearing it's use by date, showing it's age
 I sauteed these in more ham fat
 adding the cooked greens to the quiche
 and egg, reconstituted milk, herb mixture was whisked together (69/doz eggs recently @ Aldis!)
 The few remaining, cooked pieces of bacon fromthe weekend were chopped
 Cheese and custard added, topped with bacon, now ready to bake off

Fresh out of the oven. I made 2 so as to use up 2 pie crusts as well as to have a quick bfst/lunch available this week


A (mostly) fresh salad with choice of dressing, a can of no salt Fr green beans completed the meal.

2 comments:

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Those no salt canned beans are certainly a flavor-treat, aren't they? The good news is that other spices can jazz them up a little, and you will quickly get used to the no salt taste. Not as quickly as you hope, but you will get used to it.

meme said...

I squeeze a little lemon on the canned no salt veggies that I buy - I agree - you do get used to the taste.