Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Keep selling; preparing for the move

I have listed items for sale on local, Facebook tag sale sites, with the expectation that whatever doesn't sell by the end of the month, will be donated. I'm looking into organizations that would do free pickups for larger items. I currently have 3 larger tables to unload, but 2 are supposed to sell tonight. Yesterday's proceeds are pictured above, thanks to a bird bath and 2 cases of quart Mason jars.

I have amasssed enough to cover June's rent here, the moving estimate, painting, the short list of home goods acquired for the condo. Perfect.

I was able to find the next tenant for this lease, and collectively along with the landlord, we're making this happen.  I take possession of the condo for June 1. On June 4th, DX and DD will repaint the 2 kids/guest bedrooms ($50 for DX, I pay for supplies). Fine. Boys graduate on the 9th, movers come the 10th.  June 11-12, we attack certain cleaning jobs (appliances, garage walls/floor, windows). June 13th, the cleaning service comes, my final move out inspection takes place. Done.

Since I will only be here part of June, I only have to pay for 1/2 the rent, which is great. Meanwhile, the cleaning company comes today, then we can start packing in earnest. Chimney sweep is also coming today (personal day off work, so attending to multiple items) I will make arrangements for a final lawn cutting the week of the 10th, and to have the oil tank topped off.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! So glad that you were able to sell things that you didn't need to have extra money for the move. Glad you were able to find another tenant for June too. Shew I didn't know you had to do so much stuff when you move out...chimney sweep and such. Hope you are able to get your deposit back after all of that.
Wishing you the best in your new adventure. I'm sure it is exhausting, but I know it will be worth it.

ct legal eagle said...

Hi Carol,
We recently moved and the REstore for Habitat for Humanity in Stratford came with the truck and removed various large items from different rooms in our house. They were terrific and all of the money they are at their store goes back to building houses for poor people

ct legal eagle said...

Hi Carol,
We recently moved and the REstore for Habitat for Humanity in Stratford came with the truck and removed various large items from different rooms in our house. They were terrific and all of the money they are at their store goes back to building houses for poor people

Anne in the kitchen said...

Wonderful that things are tied up and the move can begin!