Tuesday, May 31, 2016

And this is for me


Image: http://www.ethanallen.com/en_US/shop-furniture-bedroom-beds/quincy-bed/315600.html?dwvar_315600_finish=Turquoise#start=1

I've been eyeballing this bed, to replace my current, 30 year old bed. My DD jokes that the movers will disassemble it but it'll break when they try to set it up at the condo.


Ethan Allen has a 20% of sale that ends today, so I am investing in this piece for my next 30 years. EXPENSIVE even when on sale.

I've amassed more than enough funds to cover my move, surplus is being applied towards this bed, meanwhile, I will keep saving to recoup this expense.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

I have no experience with new Ethan Allen but I bought some vintage EA hard rock maple pieces at my favorite thrift store. I got a tall hutch, a buffet and a large end table with lots of storage. Even my 7 rowdy grands have done no harm to these beautiful pieces. The store also had a desk and chair set that I didn't buy and regret that choice.
I think you will enjoy this EA bed for years to come.

Belinda said...

Oh, that is beautiful!! And well deserved. :)

Kathy said...

Love the bed! Enjoy!

young77 said...

So happy you treated yourself to start this new phase of your life, Carol. I still have and use (and love) my Ethan Allen hard rock maple bed, dresser and two night stands, plus a buffet that we purchased in 1959. Shirley

meme said...

A quality bed is an investment piece - your body will thank you for having a good bed and mattress set to sleep on for years to come.

I had my first bed for...25 years. My husband and I went from a Queen size to a California king - turned out to be a good thing with grandchildren that like to crawl into our bed at night! LOL

Ms. Sandie said...

Very nice!

Linda said...

I love the bed!

young77 said...

Thought I should clarify: I've had four new mattresses and box springs in all those years! lol Shirley