Monday, April 4, 2016

Talking eggs

 My MD has me eating one hard boiled egg every mid morning for quick protein boost as I was having what I call "spells" where I felt terrible, dizzy, peckish. Every 2 weeks, I buy local, free range, eggs from organically fed hens, directly from the farmer. I also buy what I call "cheap eggs" for cooking. Today, DD and I chanced upon some marked down eggs at a local Stop & Shop. Missing a few eggs, they mark these 50% off. Awesome! We bought 4 incomplete dozen of eggs.
 As I am in the habit of doing, I boiled some (about 18)for my aforementioned snack, noting that a few cracked while cooking (the wter was initially boiling too hard). This produced ugly hard boiled eggs. No worries, I peeled them.
A batch of egg-olive salad for lunch fillings. Perfect.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Have you tried eggs in the oven yet? 325 degrees for 30 minutes...a whole dozen at once...one each in a 12 muffin cup pan...that's it! Plop them in a sink of icy cold water and the shells come right off. Energy wise it may cost a bit more...but than you can always do any baking if needed. Plus...half the time I forget I put the eggs on and they bubble all over. Clean up is a breeze.

Busy Bee said...

I love egg salad. Another good way to make a quick snack. If you eat dill pickles, save the juice. Peel a few hard boiled eggs and toss them in. Let them sit a day or two (refrigerated) and then you can eat them as is for a snack or slice them to put on top of salads.

kelley said...

I soak mine in the juice from jars of jalapenos...perfect for salads...