Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday supper: Turkey roulades, and some baking

 I defrosted my last package of Shady Brook farms turkey breast cutlets (A manager' special @ $2.99/lb some time ago)
 I will once again turn them into turkey roulades, taking advantage of fzn, homemade stuffing and using up this lurking can of cr of chicken soup (as a gravy topping). I am certain that DS#1 brought that with him when he moved in, it's not something I normally would buy.






 Due to its high salt, we need to use it up, replace with a homemade gravy in the future, which is what I would usually do. The pantry/freezer clean out/eat down continues. Sides will be 1/2 a package of Prince Edward frozen veggies, a salad with choice of dressing.


                                          

Last night's stock take and creation of a list of what possibly could remain on hand as surplus freezer/pantry ingredients got me thinking of ways to use some of these items up. Fzn blueberries are gone as of bfst, the fzn strawberries and rhubarb as well. Glad to see yet more space in the garage freezer. I made a strawberry-rhubarb crisp for dessert tonight, also adding a small jar of my homemade strawberry jam (I still have a ton of jam/relish to plow through)as I felt that there wasn't enough strawberries for the crisp.
With the oven on, I also baked a box mix of brownies for the week.

A supper plate

3 comments:

meme said...

Your dinner and desserts look great - I have not made brownies in a long time, just thinking how good they are at night with a cup of tea!

Lili said...

That looks good, Carol. I have to ask, what are Prince Edward veggies? I assume it's a blend of veggies. But I've never heard of this one.

CTMOM said...

Lili
Aldi's sells a frozen veggie blend of green beans, wax beans and carrots. Delicious.