Sunday, April 24, 2016

Recipe suggestions?

Image: http://pikevalleyfarm.pinnaclecart.com/images/products/pork%20ground.jpg

I am reviewing my dinner menus for this upcoming week, noting that I have planned on making some  sort of ground pork burger. I figured that I'll make them as I do my ground poultry/flaked fish burgers, adjusting seasonings accordingly, offering up some BBQ sauce I think. Any suggestions on how to prepare these? I know that I will use egg, grated carrot, bread crumbs, spices.  TIA

8 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

What about mixing it with some Asian spices an making some little pork meatballs and serve with rice and veggies?

I've never had a pork burger before.....

Mary Lou said...

There seem to be many recipes online for pork burgers. You could browse and see what your family would like.

Never had a pork burger or thought to make one. Interesting. Let us know your thoughts on them after dinner.

Barbara Gantt said...

I use ground pork in pasta dishes. I have DIL that cant eat beef. It isnt very fatty so may need a little something for some oil. Barbara

RPS4boys said...

I use ginger, water chestnuts, green onion and Asian spices and serve as a lettuce wrap. Yum!

Busy Bee said...

I think it would be good served similar to a sloppy joe, perhaps with barbecue. The meat is a little dry to me so I kind of treat it similar to how I treat ground turkey.

Carol Farley said...

I have never used ground pork except in a mixture of beef for meatloaf. But, I would think you could add Italian spices and use it like ground Italian sausage meat. Anxious to hear how you use it and how it tastes.

Carol Farley said...

I thought I had responded but don't see my thoughts, here. I have never used ground pork in anything but with beef for a meatloaf mixture. But, I would presume you could add many spices and prepare it like ground sausage meat.

Unknown said...

Bisquits and gravy. Brunch or lunch or supper. Yum!