Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Quick and easy

 Canned baked beans and using 1 lb only of ground chicken that was lurking in the garage freezer (discovered in a recent stock take-I can't honestly remember when I bought it!) turned into patties. I always think of Lili @ Creative Savv when I make these as she had asked me about how I make them.
 1 lb grnd poultry, 1 egg, a splash of milk, Old Bay, black pepper, minced onion, Worcstershire sauce, 1 grated carrot comprised today's batch which also included a cup of homemade bread crumbs. I fry them off in a skillet that is Pam sprayed, then once the first side is browned, I flip them, cover them and they "steam fry" creating moist, soft burgers.
 Instead of the planned salad, I am offering Romaine and sliced tomato, cheese if desired, along with the usual condiments.

Burgers on seeded rolls, side of beans. This works.

6 comments:

Lili said...

And I did buy some ground turkey, but it got used in a Shepherd's Pie. I'm still eager to make these, Carol! I even have some mock Bay seasoning. Thanks for the reminder.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Those chicken burgers sound delicious! I have some ground chicken floating around in the freezer. Gonna try this, thanks!

Busy Bee said...

Your turkey burgers sound great. I always find them a little dry and blah if they aren't seasoned. Ground turkey makes a great meatloaf, too, just because of the cooking methods and all the add ins.

Rachel said...

Those look really good. I wonder if I could get my kids to eat those? I am on the lookout for different dinner options that don't take forever to cook.

CTMOM said...

Rachel, my 4 kids have always loved these. I normally use grnd turkey, but had this pkg of grnd ck to use up. Turkey is much cheaper than both beef, chicken for me.

CTMOM said...

Busy Bee-agree, they need lots of seasoning. The grated veg, and egg keep them moist, as does the fry/steam method I use.