Sunday, March 20, 2016

Workplace obligations


Meeting workplace obligations can hit one's wallet in a hard way. One colleague e-mailed the Dept, asking members to sign up for an upcoming workplace luncheon, to celebrate 2 member's birthdays. While others signed up to bring imported Prosciuotto,  a specialty Deli's chicken salad, I signed up for something that I can eat, and that's affordable to me. Enter my Italian inspired, pasta and canellini bean salad with onion, cabbage, celery, black olives in a vinaigrette dressing in veggie colored spiral pasta. Done.

I am anticipating bring home leftovers, which will reappear in our school/work lunches this week.

2 comments:

meme said...

I love pasta salad the way you make it! Your angel food cake with strawberries looks amazing! We have the snowstorm too - we probably have about 4-5 inches of snow now and it is sill snowing heavy - no school today and a light daycare day for me, as no children have arrived yet.

Joyful said...

Work obligations always hit the pocketbook extra hard. Especially when there are many people in the work place and your office celebrates babies, graduations, birthdays, promotions, weddings, farewells, etc. You made a good choice with your dish and I hope you got some good lunches out of it too.