Saturday, March 12, 2016

This is why I don't shop at these type of stores


Thursday: a long day of work, followed by an hour long meeting, then off to pick up DS from school; I decided to stop at the small cafe/grocery shop by the school as we headed back home as I needed buns for supper, we were out of milk. 26 years living here, this was the first time I set foot in the store. After all, EVERYone goes there, right? Cute place, food being prepared looked nice, I grabbed a jug of milk, a pkg of hamburger buns. $8.28-seriously? I easily pay half that amount. My time is also my money, we needed to return home to awaiting kidlet.

Additional supper ingredients were cheap: marked down grnd beef, sale plus cpn Manwich sauce and sale plus cpn no salt corn.  Green salad with choice of dressing.

2 comments:

meme said...

wow - that was expensive - but like you said, you were right there - another child at home, long day - you needed to get in, get out, and get home. I think we have all been in that situation at least once in our lives where we have to spend extra....

Kelly Campbell said...

We all fall prey to times when the convenience of time outweighs the monetary cost. Within the last month, I needed milk (the gallon I had wasn't yet to the best by date stamped on it and yet it had the stench of spoiled milk to it) I chose to run to the end of my street to the Dollar General (it also happened to be a chilly, rainy, windy night after a long day at work) I was more than happy to walk in to the front of the store and pay $3 for a gallon of milk over a longer drive to pay about $1 less for the same gallon.