Sunday, March 20, 2016

Planning ahead: cooking for the workweek

I have planned ahead and made a tuna-shell pasta casserole, ready to pop into the toaster oven tomorrow. Weather forecast is a surprise: first day of Spring, cold temps and the sun is shinning, but SNOW is expected overnight. Amounts have flip/flopped all week, the latest having it start @ 3 a.m., end @ 9 a.m. and leaving 2 inches. We are under a "hazardous warning."

So, it's up in the air as to whether or not work/school will be impacted. Supper is set, we have dental appointments tomorrow afternoon. 10 calander days (7 work days) and counting to my surgery, I am trying to address as much as I can, both at home as well as at work.

3 comments:

Busy Bee said...

We've been having odd weather for this time of year. Near 80 some days and then down to all but freezing some nights. Like you I just keep planning for the week and go on. :-)

ed20eb1c-ff4f-11e4-8e2a-17c04d47f900 said...

.i have to tell you I enjoy your blog so much, even though I mostly lurk. It's fun to see someone else as frugal as I like to be, but you have me beat! And props to you for being so organized! That's one area I need help with, and I am truly inspired! Regards, liz

young77 said...

Carol, I just have to tell you. Once in a while I get hungry for pancakes. This morning was one of those times. I usually use a mix but I was out so I thought CT's recipe!! I found it, made it. I did add one egg (and a few drops of vanilla) too but I do that anyway for a little more nutrition. THEY WERE YUMMY! Since I live alone I just made 1/2 recipe and still had some to freeze. I'll never buy a mix again.

Sorry, I couldn't wait for you to post new breakfast menu! Shirley