Saturday, March 12, 2016

March groceries


Image: http://www.aolcdn.com/photogalleryassets/canadawalletpop/953151/squeezebucks.jpg

After overspending this past Thursday, I knew I had to get serious about assuring that I have needed ingredients on hand. Poor planning/not planning on my part, but lead to overexpenditure. Not a ton of money, but when watching what few pennies one has while on such a limited budget, it matters ever more so.

Friday found me back in the city for yet another EMG on my arm, in preparation for my upcomng surgery, just 2 1/2 weeks away. I took stock the night before, made my list and stopped at Aldi's:

2 gallons milk, qt organic yogurt, 3 pkgs assorted sliced cheeses, tub deli ham, tub deli turkey breast, bologna, 2 lbs carrots, 5 lbs red potatoes, cabbage, celery, 3 lbs navels, bag Cuties mandarins, 6 lbs onions, 1 pkg beef franks, 2 "splash" juice,  1 100% cranberry juice, 1 organic apple juice, 2 fzn oj, qt 1/2 & 1/2, 2 pkgs fzn mushroom ravioli, 2 loaves 12 grain bread, 2 pkgs hamburger buns, 1 pkg hotdog buns, bag popcorn kernals, 4 cans mushrooms, 1 can sliced beets, 2 boxes "cheerios", 2 boxes "honey nut cheerios", 1 raisin bran, 4 boxes assorted organic granola,  1 pkg pie crusts, 2 boxes brownie mix, 2 boxes Meyer lemon pound cake mix, 2 bags cheese puffs, 1 bag potato chips, 1 bag fresh broccoli crowns, 4 kiwi, 1 cuke, 2 pkgs "oreos". I also got a large umbrella for my car @ $7.43 w/ tx-not accounted with groceries.

$103.40 Nice.

Whole Foods:
lb organic strawberries, 2 lbs unsalted, organic butter: $8.33 Also nice.

No comments: