Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tues: a classic

 Salsbury steak -I hadn't made that in a long time! Pulling more pantry ingredients out in the process, too. I mixed up 2 beaten eggs, a generous amount of thr FF onions that i smashed a bit (to substitute for fresh onion), homemade bread crumbs (in jar), milk, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, parsley, 1 lb ground beef









This created 4 generous, sodt patties. Once fried off in reserved pork fat, I removed them from the pan
 Tme to work on the gravy: frsh mushrooms, 2 cans Fr onion soup, black pepper, Worcestershire, the remaining cut open red onion and the remaining open 1/2 of a yellow onion.
 I sauteed the onions, mushrooms.
 then returned the patties to the pan, covering them with the veg.
 I poured the soup over the top, added seasonings mentioned, covered an dlet simmer while I worked on the sides.


instant potatoes, canned gr beans. I then mixed up a corn starch slurry to thicken the gravy.
My dinner plate-so good! option for homemade pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream if desired.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

That looks sooo good, Carol. :)

allthatjunkinmytrunk said...

Yum! I made something similar used cube steaks last week. ~Laura