Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Surprise, surprise: more arthritis

Image: http://www.glaonsgowosteopath.com/files/2913/1644/4008/O.A.-Hip.jpg

I returned to the hip/knee orthopedist last month, received an injection into my left hip. Problem is, it only eliminated my limping (new symptom), pain pretty much the same, add in tightness, sore front of knees, can't sleep on that side, the other side acting up, sitting is painful. Previously, it would greatly help. I have had issues with my left hip, on/off since DS was born in '94.  One of the reasons I gave up my former car (stick shift) was to baby my joints. I noticed an improvement immediately with my left hip once I did.


Another work up today included Xrays-yup, I officially have arthritis bilaterally in my hips. Off for a MRI Fri (this is how I am spending my "vacation") and I return to him on Mon. Some days, I feel like I am 100 years old.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so sorry. Hope there will be some good news next week.

meme said...

I feel the same way with my RA sometimes, making the "oohh" sound when I get up, and "shuffling" my feet because of the pain. I have RA in hips, feet, hands, shoulders, elbows, knees - just everywhere. There are days I feel 100 too ....I hope your doctors can find some relief for you.

Anne in the kitchen said...

So sorry! I have OA not RA, but I joined the hop-a-long club a couple of years ago. I have decided limping is not the worst thing that could happen to me, but I am doing all I can to curtail it at least until the weather is much warmer. While every one else is griping about the heat I love it because I can walk a bit straighter.

meme said...

Hi "Anne in the kitchen" -- When the humidity is up high in the summer - my RA acts up then too! We had a heavy rainstorm last night - I was in bed at 5:30 because my joints hurt so much and the RA fatigue...

It is always good when we can actually walk like a normal person !

Lee Ann said...

I don't have RA but I do have arthritis in my spine. I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing. Do they have you on arthritis medication?