Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Smart Phone perk: Ibotta rebates







Sandie at http://savingmoneyinnewhavencounty.blogspot.com/ first told me about Ibotta, a Smart Phone app that allows one tom "unlock" rebates, later scan a receipt and build up monies to be credited towards Paypal or to cash in for gift cards.

Here's a link: https://ibotta.com/

You can search by store or by catergory such as grocery, restaurant etc. I unlocked several rebates for normal foods that I commonly buy: onions, bananas, apples, bread, hotdog buns, hamburger buns, ketchup, unsalted butter (organic, too!), herbal tea, fzn fish. Worth a try.

3 comments:

Ms. Sandie said...

You will not be disappointed with IBOTTA or Saving star.

CT Bargain Mom said...

I've earned $14.50 so far on ibotta. I always am looking to get some freebie gift cards - and you can get Walmart ones, which in my case I would use for groceries.

Shanna said...

I have made almost $500 from the Ibotta app. I also use checkout 51, find & save & saving star. You can use Aldi receipts with checkout 51 & find & save not the other 2. All told I've made probably $1000 or more over the course of about 3 yrs with all of them. I love all these apps. Checkout 51 is the slowest one to make money from tho just to warn you. Have fun saving :)