Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cold, hard CASH

 The end of a chapter: I sold my beloved wood stove tonight. I am $400 richer for it, and
don't have to worry about moving it or storing it again. I don't know where life will take me; should I ever own a modest home again, I will invest in a new stove. For now, a young couple with electric heat got a bargain-it's a win-win situation.

I'm selling several other items this weekend, all proceeds are earmarked for this Summer's move.

-Men's LL Bean down coat $30
-VT castings wood stove $400
-Rival microwave $35

Pending this weekend:
-painted, wooden deacan's bench $25
-peach depression glass sugar bowl and 2 sherbert/dessert dishes $15
-"oreo" cookie cake pan $10
-L L Bean Roseville of Ohio ceramic pitcher $15

$530-nice.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That's great!! I would love to have a wood stove, but I'm glad that you were able to sell yours for a good price. Great job on the downsizing and money making.

Belinda said...

I'm glad you sold it since that is what you wanted. I've loved reading the stories you wrote about it over the years. :)