Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Nibbling away at medical debt

Image: http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/1611/26335/9h/dramsey.download.akamai.com/23572/daveramsey.com/media/common_images/article_images/blog_ai_lg/blog_ai_lg_mountain_of_medical_debt_article.jpg


Today, I made my first payment on the balance (paid 1/3 of it off in Dec)left on medical debt as a result of out of benefit therapy needed for my recovery. I had commited to $200/month from my HSA (just got paid on the 15th so more monies were deposited into it), and was able to double that, paying an additional $200 due to halving our grocery budget.  We've been eating well, a few well timed/planned treats thrown in to avoid any feelings of deprivation. Add in an anticipated tax refund, should we continue on this path, an additional 1/3 of the debt will be paid off come June, which was my goal. I then hope to settle the balance by Dec.

No comments: