Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Blackbelt frugality: 12 days, $16.79 left

Image: http://papiblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Dollars-and-Cents-400x300.jpg

$16.79 left of the allocated $200 in grocery monies for January, and 12 more days to get through. I am calling this my milk money, as that is what it's earmarked for.

I came across my CVS receipt for make up powder and cough drops; I had guestimated $8, it was $8.56. My accounting sheet was updated.

After work, I met a friend at her job, paying $8 for these free range, organic eggs. They are worth it. I buy 4 dozen of these a month, usually using them for weekend breakfasts. I buy cheaper eggs for baking.

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

is that $8 a dozen? Just curious because local eggs around here are usually 5-6 and I am trying to decide if I want to go that route.

CTMOM said...

Lee Ann-no, $4/dozen. I buy 2 doz every 2 weeks. This is CHEAP around here. Many charge $8-$10 if not more!

saraband said...

Not sure how the figures compare, but here in Surrey (UK)I pay £1.20 for 6 in our church cafe. The eggs are free range and come from a farm in a nearby village.