Friday, January 15, 2016

Blackbelt frugality: avoiding take out

 Thursday's supper was a means to use up Sunday's leftover, roast pork tenderloin
 Not a lot, but plenty for what I planned, especially as it was just 3 for dinner.
 2 pkgs of fzn pot stickers from Dollar Tree, 1/4 bag of fzn sugar snap peas, an onion, 1/4 of a bag of fzn CA blend veggies (broccoli/carrot/cauliflower). 2 branches of celery, some fresh cabbage were also used
 I lucked out on unearthing some fzn pepper strips (I tried twice to get some fzn onions/peppers @ DT-no luck)
 some take out sauce packets, an almost empty bottle of soy sauce, chilli sauce, sesame oil (not pictured: vegetable oil I use 50-50 along w/ sesame oil to cut costs), a jar of garlic in EVOO.
 Stir fry always brings me back to my college days, where vegetarian stir fry was often prepared.
My supper plate.

No comments: