Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Another repeat medical issue

Image: http://lifeinpain.org/wp-content/uploads/2003/12/injection-672x372.jpg

After a week of ever increasing pain and the advent of starting to limp, I gave up, called my hip othopedist, who had me come in on Monday. As suspected, my left hp tendonitis is back. A cortizone shot given. I returned home to quickly get supper on the table and to get to bed with a large ice pack. Already a noticable improvement.

My cost: $0, deductible met.

8 comments:

Linda said...

That sounds painful. Get well!

meme said...

Sounds so painful! I hope you are able to get some rest this week.

Florence said...

Hope the injection helps.

Kathy said...

I'm sorry that you have been in pain. I'm glad the shot provided some relief. Hope you feel better soon.

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I hope the shot helps a lot. I've had tendonitis multiple times and I know how it feels. It hurts, and it's annoying besides because I have trouble NOT using whichever arm is sore, in my case. My doctor says just rest it and it will go away. (Two years later, in one case!) I have no patience for tendonitis anymore! My other site is in the Achilles tendon, and that is a tough spot too. I've even worn the boot for a month or so to help that along. Multiple incidents of it---if my heel starts hurting, I panic. Good luck in getting rid of it!!

CTMOM said...

Marcia, this first flared up in '94,after having DS # 1. I had it reoccur a few years ago, and a few cortizone shots did the trick. Randomly came back last week. Getting worse after a week, the limping developed, it was time to go back.

Theresa F said...

I feel for you. I have wrist tendonitis that can be brutal. Cannot imagine having it in a hip. Hope you are feeling better.

CTMOM said...

Theresa, I am "blessed " with a high pain tolerance. When something hurts, I know it's bad. : (