Saturday, December 12, 2015

What's been cooking?

 Fish on Monday: ginger glazed whole salmon
 also got one of the few boxes of sodium laden rice mixes out of the pantry
 Crcok Pot Tuesday: grabbed pantry ingredients the night before, glad to discover that the CSA jarred marinara IS low sodium
 Came home to my CP of homemade meatballs
 frozen broccoli crowns completed the meal, along with a salad

Wed: no photo, but we tried the "sicilian chicken" pouch sauce from McCormick, using fzn BSCB that I cut up. Very good, served it over elbow macaroni. Side salad, French green beans also.
Dinner for 2 Thursday: grabbed the last fzn pizza and served that along with a salad. I left home @ 6:20 a.m., returned home at 6:20 p.m. Pulling LONG days at work. : (

Dinner for 2 friday: no photos, buy splurged on take put cheese pizza. Salty but good. My body is adjusting to low salt, will need to move to homemade only for the most part, using less cheese.

1 comment:

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Your body adjusts to low salt easily---and doesn't the salty stuff taste saltier than ever when you do have it? I've been low salt for over 40 years and if I do eat something salty, I drink water the rest of the day to make up for it. I do like my Prego spaghetti sauce, but I find that adding a 15 or 26 oz jar of diced or pureed tomatoes with NO salt is a good way to stretch the salt out over more servings. I buy the Heart-Healthy Prego to begin with, and do add some extra "Italian seasoning" to the pot as well. That will generally give me a couple meals worth of sauce, and sometimes enough left for a pizza as well. It always gets used in something.

My latest efforts are to cut down on red meat servings even further. I have a couple meatless recipes from the Prudent Homemaker that I want to try, probably after the holidays. In the meantime, I'm making my 12 oz of ground meat stretch for 2 meals for 2 people. Realized today that I have in my freezer, already cooked and sliced or chopped sirloin tip, pork shoulder, ham, and turkey. I foresee some casseroles in our future!!