Saturday, December 5, 2015

Planning ahead: making my own "frozen assets"

Although spaghetti and meatballs are on this upcoming week's menus, I already know that that meal will use up the rest of my frozen, homemade meatballs. Time for some more (and a great way to use up my ever expanding tub of dried out bread heels, a lone tortilla, 2 old biscuits-all now turned into bread crumbs)  I ended up thawing 2 lbs each of Italin sweet sausage and ground beef, turning it into 4 doz Italian meatballs for the freezer. As I continue to fight the sodium in food, I continue to research best choices. Prmesan only has 85 mg of salt, so it's a cheese I can feel good about using judiciously.


3 comments:

Belinda said...

Those will be so good to have in your freezer. And I did not know that about Parmesan. That is good info to know.

meme said...

yes, I did not know that about Parmesan either....good to know.

CTMOM said...

Meme, reading labels, researching