Sunday, November 1, 2015

This week's baking in my new convection oven and energy savings

This is the banana bread that I baked in my new convection oven vs heating up the range oven. I remain very happy with my purhase, am hoping for many years of service, as I had with the former one.

I continue to line dry (and use indoor clothes horses) so as to keep my electric use in check. A brief sprinkle this morning, but that front has moved along, weather is to improve so once again, sheets are out to dry.

A cloudy, November day, but at least the temps are decent. Even so, I decided to check on the sheets early (would have waited until 4 p.m.), playing with the idea of tossing them in the dryer. Pretty much dry, damp in corners so I placed them on clothes horses to dry near the baseboard radiators, should they turn on.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Don't you just love the convection feature on your oven!

meme said...

I love the look of your "stove" in front of fireplace ! great way to help dry clothes too!