Sunday, November 29, 2015

Product review:Mother's Maid cherry pie filling

I came across some canned cherry pie filling this past month at Dollar Tree. I read the label, typical ingredients used, made in USA. $1/20 oz can is cheap for this stuff, so it is rarely on hand. I was able to get some pie crusts for $1.50 by combining a sale plus doubled, large coupon. $2.50 for a large cherry pie is awesome! Years ao, I would occassionally treat the family to a pie from Stew Leonard's-that habit stopped as prices soared. http://www.stewleonards.com/weekly-specials/november-18-flyer  They are asking $8 and up for pies. Doing it myself, even when rurning to convenience items saves me significant money. Cherry pie filling was excellent, BTW, glad I was able to return to DT, purchasing a few more cans for my pantry.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

What a great find! I was at the Dollar Tree last week, but no cherry pie filling, only apple.

Ms. Sandie said...

I hope to find some at my DT after reading this.