Saturday, October 10, 2015

What's been cooking?

I've had a long, crazy week, several 12 hour days between work, meetings, followed by 2 hours at the hospital for my PT and OT rehab. . Sunday supper was the stuffed pork chops from the butcher

 I decided to brown the chops first; they were so large, I did it in stages
 browned on first side,
 once browned, I placed the chops in a huge baking dish, braised in some cider (covering the pan with foil before baking off)

Done! We very much enjoyed these, all agreeing that next time, we could split 1 between 2 people-they are so large.
 I made extra stuffing, served steamed carrots and cauliflower, apple sauce.
 The rest of the week found me moving menus, making substitutions.  One night was leftover night, franks and beans were another
 Chicken Parm over linguini, steamed, fzn haricots verts
Guest here this weekend, I got take out pizza and salad, we received a free jar of their marinara. Nice freebie! Saturday was leftover night for just me.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Looks good. Sounds like you've been busy too with the 12 hour days.

Lili said...

It all looks good, Carol!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

meme said...

Even though you had such long days - you still made great looking meals!!!
take care.