Saturday, October 3, 2015

Things just come to me

A bit fuzzy, but this is what came home with me from the freebie shed at the transfer station (aka dump): 2 mini Yankee Candles: one is Massachusetts Cape Cod Chatham lighthouse scent, the other is called Wedding Day; a large soup/coffee mug (Dd broke my old one), and a real find from my "list": a Farberware 4 cup coffee percolator. No cord, but I have an old one that I actally use for a waffle iron. Ran it with water, seems to work fine. I've washed it, will try it with coffee in the morning.

On SALE, these go for $50, I much prefer free.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/featured/4-Cup-Farberware-Percolator

5 comments:

Belinda said...

I like the things you found at the transfer station. Especially the Yankee candles! :)

CT Bargain Mom said...

Great finds on the candles! I have a percolator to use on the stove so I would have passed on the electric one. I perk coffee when we lose power - mama without power and coffee would be a bad thing ;-)

Lili said...

Terrific finds, Carol!! So, you save money by hauling your garbage to the dump yourself, AND you save more money with these freebies that you found there!!

CTMOM said...

CT Bargain, I grew up w/ electric percolators, used them most of my adult life, too with now DX fixing them when they would break. I grabbed a stove top one from the marital homw when I left. Yes=coffee during outages, but it's seen better days so pecolator has been on my list. Free vs paying $50 is awesome and I suspect the plug in model will use less electric than the stove top model.

CTMOM said...

Lili-agree, it was a win-win situation. : ) I only spent $3.20 to get rid of garbage (no charge for recycling except the $25 annual fee to use the center.