Saturday, September 12, 2015

Today's shopping

 First stop: Aldi's for cold cereal, sugar, 2 pkg choc chips, walnuts, red quinoa, kaiser rolls, bagels, 2 pkgs hot cocoa
 milk, 1/2 & 1/2, 2 tubes fzn grnd turkey, 2 fzn oj, 2 pie crusts
 toilet paper, tissues, 2 pkgs AA batteries, a new bpa free drink bottle for me (I need it for all of the water I drink)
 Produce: organic baby lettuce, 2 pkgs mushrooms, cauliflower, 2 heads cabbage. I also finally returned/emptied the large bag of soda cans.
 Dollar Tree: large bread baggies, metal trays (need for taking a meal to someone), 2 ct plastic tubs (meal gifting), 2 pkgs gummies for boys, 4 10 ct bonus size boxres of oatmeal packets.
 ShopRite: qt vanilla yogurt (I don't like aldi's), buttermilk, lb deli turkey breast (low salt), cheese ends
 Final stop: Butcher's for 1/2 lb deli ham, 2 lbs in house bfst sausage
also had them make me a sandwich to go, already had a water in the car.

4 comments:

Belinda said...

Your sandwich looks great. There is a Mennonite grocery store in Crossville, TN that will make sandwiches for you on homemade bread that are so delicious. How neat that you have a butcher now, that sausage looks great. You'll have to let us know how it tastes.

thyme2save said...

Butchers' meats are the wonder of the ages compared to wrapped grocery store meats. The taste difference is night to day.

CT Bargain Mom said...

How is that ground turkey in a tube from aldi?

CTMOM said...

We like it just fine, been using it for years. It is extrudeded into the tube bwfore frozen, so it comes out as a chub of meat vs the long, fat spaghetti strings when ground meat is sold as fresh. I use it for meatballs, meatloaf, tacos, casseroles. I turned to ground poultry a few years back as either a 100% substitute or to use 50-50 with beef, which has gotten very expensive.I used to commonly find grnd poultry @ $1.49/lb-those days are gone. If I recall correctly, this costs $1.88/lb.