Monday, September 7, 2015

THIS week's CSA

 Again fuzzy-sorry. This week's CSA: smal head of lettuce but at least we finally are getting lettuce again!, carrots, edame, pint cherry tomatoes, 2 peppers, 3 apples.
 Bonus: hot peppers (I already have what I can possibly use this upcoming year), summer squash
I hit up the pyo herb garden: dill, tarragon, sage, lemon balm (for tea), rosemary.  Even with the extras of squash n herbs, this lack of quantity leaves me cold. I purused their store-that's where the beets, cabbages are. On line photos remind me that the participate in local, farmer's markets; sell to stores and restaurants, host farm-table events (way, way too expensive for me to participate, unfortunately).

3 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

I don't blame you for feeling as you do. I read about the peaches from last week and that's rather pathetic. It's been a dry summer but come on really?!

CTMOM said...

CT bargain, I walk the CSA farm, I walk my friend's farm. Farms continue to do well, even with this drought/heat. There is no reason for the shares to be so skimpy.

Marcia in rural WNY said...


I bought peaches today, as I have the last three or four weeks, 4 qt basket (16 large) for $8. They are my very favorite fruit, and when the season is over, I know it's fall. I asked today and was told they are still coming in pretty strongly. I live at the western end of NY state. Climate not very different from your area. We are starting to get winter squash and they were picking pumpkins today but all the summer veg are still available. To got corn on the cob also--husband specifically asked if I could get more--he never has enough of it. Made a peach pie yesterday, so I am on his GOOD SIDE for a while now!! Racking up bonus points for a good wife. He'll pay later, when I want my way about something.