Saturday, September 26, 2015

Some beautiful beef roasts

On the way home from work TH, I stopped at the gas station for a jug of milk ($2.99 vs $5.49 at the grocer's), then proceeded on my way home, next stopping at the pricey IGA for a pkg of New England hot dog buns to complete dinner and to check on their sale on pot roasts. While more than I usually spend, these $3.69/lb pot roasts remain under $4/lb and news reports show we are at a 60 year low on cattle in the US agri market. Pot roast is already planned for the end of Oct, so I grabbed 2 roasts so as to provide a second pot roast meal this Winter. I have a single pkg of stew beef in the freezer, which is on deck for this weekend-another meat that I'd like to stock up on for the Fall/Winter season.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks good! I need to find a good sale on beef.

Belinda said...

Nice roasts! :)