Monday, September 21, 2015

Last Summer CSA 2015

 This is the last week of the Smmer share: smalf apples, chivel head lettuce, 2 small pok choy, radishes, 4 cayenne peppers, 2 small bell peppers, cabbage, 3 small onions, 4 large and 1 small = 2 lbs of apples, bunch chive. I was supposed to get a large Bok choy-the basket was empty, no one around to ask
 so I took aka "stole" the smallest cabbage in the cabbage basket to make up for it
I was so rattled last week, that I forgot fresh herbs. This week I took 2 week's worth: lemon balm, French tarragon, French thyme, mint, sage, rosemary. We skip a week but will have our Fall CSA starting the first full week of Oct. I did the math, it's supposed to be $40 worth of food a week for that time frame. Hmm . . .

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You never got corn, alot of tomatoes,zucchini, or green beans did you? I would be very irritated too, you pay alot and should have received better quality. Cheryl

Diane Cooper said...

I have to say that I would be putting in a complaint now, not when it finishes. Hopefully it will mean that you get more in the Fall weeks. Add up what you could get for the money at one of their other ventures and see how it compares.
Good luck x

kelley said...

I would complain now too...what you are receiving is ridiculous...this week's haul would be much less than $20 at my local farm market...