Thursday, August 13, 2015

What was cooking?

With my computer sick, I was unable to post pictures with my blog posts; in the past a reader commented that somehow she finds the photos keep it more real. Here's what we has, in no particular order:

 creamed salmon
 over boiled, fresh potatoes
 steamed Summer Squash with dill

 Crockpot called into srvice for some spaghetti sauce

 After appointments, I came home this

All I had to do was the veg and pasta.




 spaghetti with homemade sauce, using 2 1/2 links of hot Italian sausage. Side of sauteed Summer and zucchini squash with onions and Ital. herbs
 Used a lb of organic black beans to make bean burgers,


 side of fzn tater tots, fresh COTC
onion, mushroom, tater tot and Cheddar quiche, salad and green beans on the side

5 comments:

Belinda said...

I like photos in mine too. I can understand her thoughts that they keep it more real. :)

Theresa F said...

I usually stop reading blogs if there are no pictures. I agree that it keeps it real.

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I wondered if you used the Prudent Homemaker's recipe for black beanburgers, and if so, how your family liked them? I am not a bean lover, but I do eat black beans in some dishes, and have been thinking of trying the recipe myself. I haven't tried too many of her recipes yet, but I keep wanting to. I have a whole collection of cookbooks, but her recipes seem so simple and straightforward! My husband actually liked the Swiss chard soup, and he is not generally fond of Swiss chard. To me, it's interchangeable with spinach, but to him, not so. I also want to try the tomato and breadcrumb soup as soon as my tomatoes come in--my daughter has picked the first two ripe ones while we are away. I knew she's get them after we left!!

CTMOM said...

Marcia, actually the source of "my" black bean recipe is from Tammy's recipes. I read the pioneer woman's black bean recipe in a newsfeed on facebook, very similar to mine.

CTMOM said...

Marcia, actually the source of "my" black bean recipe is from Tammy's recipes. I read the pioneer woman's black bean recipe in a newsfeed on facebook, very similar to mine.