Friday, August 21, 2015
What I am currently left with
Plan A: give it a month, hope that it resolves itself, ditching my brace as my thumb is officially fused, per exam and Xrays. I can return to work Mon but with specific restrictions which translate to not using my left arm or hand. I return to him in a month. That will be interesting.
Plan B: if worse, or no improvement, I will get a repeat of the painful EMG as the first one makes no sense to him. Results show nerve entrapment at the elbow, which can't be explained. If it was the wrist, he'd understand. Next step: nerve surgery. Sigh. If the muscles continue to attrophy and deteriorate, there is no other option.
Taking things one step at a time.
Meanwhile, my rhumatologist had me increase a Rx, but I went down again due to side effects. This was anticipated. Next step: I will go to the outpatient infusion center of the local hospital for a RX that helps bones to stay strong. Due to GERD, this is a viable alternative for me. Recent endoscopy shos that my Barrett's esophogus has healed, so I don't want to reverse that, even though I remain on RX for that for life now. Waiting for the Md's office to get orders cleared through my insurance, then they will set this up for me.
2015: the year of the doctor it seems. I remain positive and continue being proactive in health matters.