Saturday, June 27, 2015

Simple Saturday

Up and out early, ran the trash/recycling over to the transfer station: $2.80 in disposal fees for 2 weeks. Happy with that. Deposited some reimbursements into the bank, cashed a birthday check for one kidlet, used the free Coinstar for the boatload of pennies Gf gave me to pay for her using the dryer. @@ Great to have any reminders of her gone. I try not to carry much change anyway, as it gets heavy.


Home,I ran a load of towels through the wash, folded some now dry laundry (was hanging on clothes horses in the sunporch), took care of daily cleaning chores and made lunch (see other post).
 Saved a cup of coffee for another time, in the fridge
 Cut up a sad T shirt into cleaning rags (note how faded this favorite one had become!) Spent the bulk of the afternoon sorting through some paperwork, attending to matters that were shoved aside. I am keeping a large note pad of issues/items that need my attention, hoping to get as much done before my surgery.


I am also trying to keep up with my new "3 squares" menu planning. 

Simple Saturday supper: tuna salad on choice of bread/rolls, toasted or not, with/out lettuce and tomato.


Side of BBQ potato chips, if desired; I just had a sandwich and cup of hot tea with lemon. Done. I always use a 50-50 blend of albacore to chunk lite for cost. No noticable difference to the all albacore I used to limit myself to.

8 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

She seriously paid you in pennies for using the dryer? Was she trying to be petty or was she that broke? Hope you're son is doing ok in the new living arrangement.

CTMOM said...

CT-Very passive aggressive. Another time, a $1 was duct taped to the front of the dryer. I have significant OT issues, nice. I also know that there are several times that the dryer was used by one of them, but I was not reimbursed as agreed upon, in writing. I know as clothes were taken out of the dryer, and the screen wasn't cleaned, which I an extreemly religiuous about doing. They've been gone 2 weeks, it's early yet. Time will have to let this play itself out.

Theresa F said...

Your posts always make me feel inspired to be more productive. Canada got rid of pennies. Now that they are gone, I realize how much of a pain they were.

Ms. Sandie said...

I really am quite glad that you are not dealing with this behavior any longer. DH and I had a conversation about how many people (a neighbor to my studio included) who are just downright nasty.

CTMOM said...

Sandie, peace and calm has returned to my home, which is also physically much cleaner (the floors that is) not that I ever let a home get gross. Much easier to take care of, since the rest of us take out shoes off at the door. : )

CTMOM said...

Theresa, I am very much a type A personality, with lots of energy-at least on most days! I am also a planner, getting all of my ducks in a row as I know that I will be not up to par for at least a week.

Larissa Stretton said...

You are so clever to mix the two tunas together! Gah! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas!

CTMOM said...

Larissa, I used to be an all albacore gal, but with costs rising and family budget being what it was at the time (and now is, several years and life events later), I have added chunk lite to our tuna shopping. I tend to buy 8 or so cans of each for the month, using the chunk lite exclusively for tuna cakes, tuna casserole. I do prefer the blend with albacore for tuna salad-whether in a sandwich or on a plate. I think I pay 65 for the chunk lite and $1 or so for the albacore. It's a savings, and we continue to eat healthfully.