Thursday, June 25, 2015

Reducing the grocery list

 I keep a running grocery list on the fridge, one side is for food, the other is for nonfood items. Kids are instructed to write itme down, such as the notation of "sliced turkey breast" by DS # 3. While DS #1 and GF lived here, one of the items we seemed to go through a lot of, is lunch meat-of what little I do buy. I have few plans of buying lunch meat this Summer, much preferring to use ingredients on hand/substitutions. This afternoon found me inventorying the garage freezer, where I unearthed this 1/2 of a cooked turkey breast.
Another item off of the list: this is defrosting and will be offered for sandwiches this week. Done.

Besides  the aforementioned lunch meat, I am discovering that we need significantly much less of the following as well, since DS #1 and Gf moved out: cold cereal, toilet paper, tissues, coffee, butter, bread, 1/2 & 1/2, bottled juices, mustard. Nice to see a reduction. We have PLENTY of groceries on hand, I stocked up, now we turn to it over the next few months.

No comments: