Wednesday, June 17, 2015

One of the perks of renting

and having an awesome, very responsive/attentive landlady. Last night, as DD was exiting her car after parking in the garage, as the garage door was closing at the precise moment that she and her BF were exiting the car, they heard a swoosh followed by a snap and finally the door slamming down. This dangling cable appeared to have snapped. I assume that it's orginal to the circa 1975 door openers (she previously had the other side serviced). I e-mailed her last night, she got right back to me, asking me to send her the info on the garage door man's car (actually a sticker on the wall and the door opener he repaired) and she called him (they offer 24 hour service). She e-mailed me again after I sent the info (I had already gone to bed, so I got the message in the AM), asking me to phone the repair man that night, he'd come out today, if that was convenient or set up another day/time. I called him at 7 a.m. from work, and he came out for 10 a.m. DD and BF were home so he made the repair in one hour, replacing 2 springs, 4 cables, 4 pulleys, 2 nylon rollers to teh tune of $350. LL left her CC info with the repair man, so he simply left a copy of the work order with DD.

6 comments:

young77 said...

So glad no one was hurt. What a great landlady. Hope you get to renew your lease. Shirley

CTMOM said...

SHirley, yes, this LL is awesome, especially compared to the former one. I did actually renew my lease, taking DS #1 and the GF that I kicked out off.

TrayceeBee said...

I was wondering if you ended up renewing your lease! Glad you did since this landlady sounds like a keeper! Especially compared to your last one - what a nightmare that was for you! How nice the garage door got fixed so quickly without you being out any money (and of course that no one got hurt when it broke!).

Marcia in rural WNY said...

You are lucky she is so responsive. We own our home and can't get people out to fix things that fast!! We rented for quite a few years before we bought--we were 8 years a military family and couldn't really save much for a down payment until DH got a REAL job. (Military doesn't pay much to enlisted men--or didn't in the 60's. Still don't, I believe.) Glad you don't have to go through the pain of moving again.

CTMOM said...

Tracey and Marcia-yes, it's a real blessing to have a responsive LL. Things get addressed ubber quickly. : )

young77 said...

Great news about your lease renewal and the change in your household. Difficult for a Mom but sometimes necessary. Shirley