Saturday, May 2, 2015

It's that kind of a day

 Cold this morning, but now just after 10 am and it's beautiful out. Laundry batch #1 out on the line, save the socks, which I am drying on a clotheshorse out on the back deck. 4 1/2 weeks already post op, and I am still being very carreful, as I remain ubder restrictions. I previously learned while recovery from rotator cuff surgery, how to hang laundry one handed. Not easy, but obviously, it can be done. List of chores made for the weekend, including another trash/recycling haul, which I am back doing every 2 weeks.
Batch # 2 is now going, this time it's colored clothing, as well as sheets. Finally, I have towels to do.  DD and I have developed rashes, which we are atributing to the new laundry detergent. I previously used one scent from LA's amazing-we had no issues. The blue bottle, oxy formulation, however seems to be the issue. I moved to washing our clothes/sheets/towels separately, using A & H sensitive formula. Better already for me, not completely gone.I'll use up what I have (have 1 bottle each of the oxy formula and tropical scent regular detergent on the shelf) and see if the tropical scent irritates us.

2 comments:

Frugal Queen said...

I love your huge garden xxx

mikemax said...

If you are a member of Costco, I highly recommend their powdered laundry detergent. It washes just as well as Tide--in some instances, maybe better--and it works out to 7 cents a load. When DS was here, he actually commented on how well his laundry turned out. The square buckets are reusable and it has cut down significantly on the number of plastic bottles I recycle.