Saturday, May 30, 2015

CSA 2015 # 5

 Yesterday's CSA pickup brings the "Spring" extended season to an end. Great up this week: radishes were a "grab some as an extra," a potted herb-I choose dill, a bottle of their hot sauce, a huge bunch or oregano (most will be dried), large asparagus, a bag of mixed "braising greens" which are spinach, kale, chard;
leeks, 2 huge heads of lettuce.

We skip a week as they regroup for the busy "Summer season" and will start back up in 2 weeks, with my pickup date now to be on Mondays.

2 comments:

Ms. Sandie said...

Hi Carol! Have you dried herbs before? Any suggestions for how to dry oregano and lemon balm?

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Certainly seemed to me that you got your money's worth from this one. I love the"extras" they threw in here and there--unexpected things. THe greens, etc. look very fresh and healthy too. We have a CSA farm less than a mile from us, but I grow some garden of my own, so have never used it. Thoughts for the future!!