Sunday, May 10, 2015

A CVS run and a freebie

Image: http://pennrecord.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CVS.jpg

After supper last night, DD and I went over to CVS to stock up on some supplies, take advantage of some coupons, as well as a 30% off coupon that I received on line from CVS, which included a CVS shopping bag (today's freebie). Dd bought selected some of her own personal care items which she will reimburse me for, but I got the following:

-large box of Efferdent tablets
-3, 3 count multi packs of baby wipes

The above are covered through alternative resources, so no OOP cost for me.

As well as:

2 Herbal esssences shampoose, 1 Garnier Fructis (sp?) conditioner, a HUGE bottle of Loreal color care shampoo, tweezers, large Crest toothpaste, 2 CVS brand shave gel, 2 CVS brand tampons, 2 Mennon Gear version antiperspirant/deodorent. I spent $26.92 for my charges. This is when I REALLY, REALLY miss Xpect Discounts aka "Marc's" of Ohio-that had been my go to store for these taxable items, for years. Sigh. My other choice would be Walmart, a store I try to avoid at all costs.

6 comments:

Frugal in France said...

Overseas reader's question here : why do you avoid Walmart ? xx

CTMOM said...

Frugal: 2 reasons:

1-the treatment of their employees (note that I come from a long line of AFLCIO unionized food workers)
2-the "element" as DX puts it, as regards the typical customer found at that store. Don't know why, but it seems to draw some interesting characters

Theresa F said...

I read "The Bully of Bentonville" and man was that an eye opener. The Canadian equivalent to Walmart went under(thanks in large part to Walmart) so it is hard to avoid going there but I try to limit how much I shop there.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Theresa F said...

Oh and in regards to your second point the People of Walmart site is hysterical!!!!!!

kelley said...

I am lucky to live in Ohio with a Marc's close by...plus a wonderful family owned grocery with even better prices...Walmart makes me shudder...only stop there as a last resort after work...so I'm in there around midnight...the clientele is even more unique at that hour...

NJB said...

How about Target? I found that most of the time Target was the same price as the local Marc's. If you have Sally's Beauty Supply near you give that a try for shampoo, conditioner, cosmetics...I buy a generic brand shampoo there that I love and it lasts me about 9 months since I am the only one using it. Adult Son & college age son like Axe and college age daughter likes Suave so they now buy their own shampoos, body washes etc.