Saturday, April 18, 2015

Transitioning back to work

Image http://healthvistas.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/950x950/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/y/dyna_arm_sling_deluxe.jpg

Monday past was my first day back-a long, painful, tiring one,  I left immediately at the end of the day, to reurn to my recliner, with Advil and ice packs and sleep for several hours. I anticipated this and luckily, each day has been a bit better.

While recovering, we've had some anticipated inreases in bills:
-more electric due to dryer use
-possible increase in grocery bills as things like bread are purchased vs making at home

I am now in PT and have run out of plan benefit so while I will continue to get the in plan discounted rate, this is a pricey expense tat is not a want but rather a need to ensure the best outcome. Emergency funds will be used.

I require significant help with ADL's, and as  a highly independant person, this is difficult.  I continue to folloe MD's orders, and am not using my left arm.  I am classified as on sedentary duty at work.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

I'm glad to hear each day has been a bit better for you at work. The first day back is usually the roughest. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. :)