Saturday, April 25, 2015

Taking care of business, maintaining my vehicle

Image:  http://www.mastermuffler.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Snow-tires.jpg

I try to take care of what I own. It may not be the top of the line, or designer, the latest/greatest but it's mine, and I want as well as need my things to last.  My car is no exception. I carefully drove it to the dealership after work yesterday, and finally had my snow tires removed, the all season radials put back on. Since I bought the tires through them, there was no charge. They also perforned a safety inspection, again at no cost to me; all is well for another 6,000 miles. I did get 2 new replacement batteries for my keyless ignition as one fob was dead, the second one registering as weak. Done.

Last issue to address: getting my replacement windshield, thanks to the pot hole rock that kicjed up and cracked the original one. Yes, it'll cost me about $385 but this is an investment that I want to keep in tip top shape. Although a 2010 model, it only has 36,000 miles on it, with me being the driver to put the most mileage on the car. The plan is to keep this car about 5 more years, if possible, setting aside $ every month so as to be able to again pay cash for a future replacement.

I also would like to take it in to be detailed this Summer.

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Setting aside money for the next car while you are driving the current car is the smartest way to keep out of car debt.
Bravo!

CTMOM said...

Sluggy, I make a "car payment" to myself every month.

Julie Vidani said...

I drove my last car (Suburban) for 13 years and I miss it terribly.

Patti said...

I am still driving my 2001 expedition and it runs great. I, too, think regular maintenance is the key.
We recently bought my husband a new Subaru. He tried to get me to take it as I am the main breadwinner, but I am happy with my suv and my commute is 9 miles round trip so the gas doesn't kill me. I always have space for a costco shop when I find myself with a little time. Lol